Printable PDF of my curriculum vitae
HTML CURRICULUM VITAE-Highlights
(As of January 2017)
Political Science (American Politics)
Elmira College, One Park Place, Elmira, NY 14901
Office: (607) 735-1702
- Associate Professor of Political Science, Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Elmira College, Elmira, NY. July 2006 to present (Chair of the Social & Behavioral Sciences Division Academic Years 2015/16 to present, Visiting Instructor August 2005 to July 2006).
- Special Projects Coordinator, Assemblyman Thomas P. DiNapoli (NY 16) Chair of Assembly Committee on Environmental Conservation, Legislative Office Building, Albany, NY. November 2004 to December 2004 (Temporary Position).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, SUNY Buffalo, August 1992 to 2003 (Adjunct, August 1999 to August 2001).
- Assistant Dean for Educational Technology, College of Arts and Sciences, SUNY Buffalo, November 1998 to August 2001.
- Visiting Lecturer, Dept. of Political Science, SUNY Buffalo, Academic Years '90-'91 & '91-'92.
- Ph.D. (1992), SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY - Political Science (Public Policy: Regulation, Bureaucratic behavior, Policy implementation).
- M.A. (1986), SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY - Public Affairs.
- B.A. (1980), Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA. Political Science (summa cum laude).
- Elmira College , Student Association Faculty Appreciation Award, April 2008.
- Milton Plesur Award for Excellence in Teaching, UB Undergaduate Student Association, April 1998 (Award recognized by the American Association of Political Science at its annual meeting in September of 1998).
- Outstanding Professor Award, Political Science Undergraduate Student Assoc., University at Buffalo, 1995, 1998, & 2000.
- Distinguished Service to Students Award, Political Science Undergraduate Student Assoc., SUNY Buffalo, 1992.
- Teaching and Research Fellowship, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1986 - 1990.
- "Enforcement and Oversight: Using Congressional Oversight to Shape OSHA Bureaucratic Behavior." American Politics Research, November 2002. (With George Serra and Barbara Headrick).
"Presidential Influence and Centralization: The Case of Richard Nixon and George Romney." Politics and Policy (formerly The Southeastern Political Review), March 2001. (with Charles Lamb).
- "Taking the Local: The Reagan Administration, New Federalism, and Fair Housing Implementation." Policy Studies Journal, Autumn 1993. (With Charles Lamb).
- "Street Level Political Controls Over Federal Bureaucracy." American Political Science Review, September 1991. (With John Scholz and Barbara Headrick).
"Decentralizing Fair Housing Enforcement During the Reagan Presidency" (With Charles M. Lamb) in James W. Riddlesperger, Jr. and Donald W. Jackson, eds. Presidential Leadership and Civil Rights Policy. Westport, CT: Greenwood. 1995.
The Progression of the American Presidency: Individuals, Empire, and Change. Palgrave Macmillan 2013.
Book Projects in Progress:
· The United States of Nebraska: The case for unicameral state legislatures. Draft slated for submission to Palgrave Macmillan, Fall 2016.
· Sex, Power, and Cover-ups: Political Scandal and American Pop Culture. Draft slated for submission to Palgrave Macmillan, midsummer 2017.
· Laptops and Politics: Microtargeting, Consumer Choice, and Partisan Preferences (with Chuck Lindsay and Devin Woolf). Draft slated for submission to Palgrave Macmillan, Fall 2017.
More than 20 Book Reviews for Choice Magazine, multiple reviews of book proposals for publishers.
Political Analyst - WENY-TV.
Numerous interviews on various topics in American Politics with The Elmira Star-Gazette, The Buffalo News, WSKG Radio, CNN Radio, and Time Warner News.